Description: Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar performs all the routine tasks of the Registrar’s Office, which is under the supervision of the Provost. Typical duties will include maintenance of student educational records, registration, online services, faculty/advisor services, transfer evaluations and degree audit. Determination of the responsibilities, title and salary for this position will be contingent upon the ideal candidate’s combined experience, education and skill set, as well as the ability to perform timely, accurate reporting. This position is designed to be a growth position allowing the successful candidate to develop and diversify professional skills and knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assure efficient and accurate delivery of Registrar’s Office functions and services.
• Assist Registrar in reviewing, designing, implementing and enforcing academic policies relating to academic progress, retention, registration, academic records and graduation requirements.
• Train and assist students and faculty with online registration and degree audit questions.
• Work with Registrar to maintain and update the college catalog, Registrar’s Website, and other office publications.
• Finalize transcript evaluations.
• Work closely with faculty and staff to coordinate student attendance verification, registration, faculty absence reporting, and student compliance with probation requirements.
• Conduct training sessions for students, faculty and staff on FERPA requirements.
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and a procedure manual to help ensure consistency for data management.
• Responsible for National Student Clearing House Reporting, SEVIS reporting, and intercollegiate athletics eligibility.
• Coordinate pre-registration of new students before and during new student orientation.
• All other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree. Experience in college/university registrar setting will be considered as an alternate credential.
• Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) with the ability to become an advanced user.
• Demonstrated excellence in accurate and detail oriented work in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently on diverse projects and consistently meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated skills in collaborative leadership, organization and delegation.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs (necessary to move records and files).
• Masters or other advanced degree in related field.
• Advanced computer skills and knowledge including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
• Experience with PowerCampus, Vista Views, Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services or other BI or reporting software.
• 5+ years of higher education experience, preferably 3+ in a Registrar’s Office, with increasing responsibilities.
• Management experience, preferably in higher education.
• Knowledge of Federal reporting requirements and FERPA.
Paul Smith’s College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Position Type: Employee
Sharon Van Auken
Paul Smith's College
P.O. Box 265
Paul Smiths, 12970