Internet Publications Coord.Webmaster
Position: Internet Publications Coordinator and Webmaster
Status: Full-time Exempt (12-Month)
Reports to: Vice President, College Advancement
Description: The Internet Publications Coordinator and Webmaster oversees internal and external web-based communications for the College. This person plans, oversees and executes multiple concurrent web, writing, design, graphics, photography, video, animation and social media projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage, update, and keep current all aspects and pages of www.paulsmiths.edu using our content management system (BUZZR and DRUPAL).
• Work with Enrollment Management team to insure that enrollment and admissions pages, including on-line application processes, are functioning as designed at all times.
• Serve as a resource to the faculty in the development of on-line content specific to their disciplines.
• Work with Enrollment Management team, Alumni Relations team and others to insure that social media content is pertinent and effective. Work with outside vendors engaged to write and post social media content, assist with scheduling and moderation of social media posts, advise on internet marketing initiatives, and develop Web-based applications.
• Work with internet advertising team to design and manage landing pages for specific Enrollment Management initiatives.
• Support the use of instructional technology, academic and campus calendaring, online forms for philanthropy and registration, and satellite pages for the Paul Smith’s College VIC and the Joan Weil Adirondack Library.
*This position requires working some evenings and weekends and may require some travel.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, as well as specific training in using desktop publishing software and DRUPAL (or a similar content management system).
• Two years of experience in desktop publishing and web content management, as well as writing relevant computer code.
• Expertise in Photoshop, DRUPAL Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Office Suite and/or similar applications; ability to identify and implement technological solutions.
• Knowledge of video editing software; knowledge of video publishing.
• Understanding of webpage design, web content management, content management systems, web graphic type and standards, related web software tools, web publishing, basic web coding: HTML and CSS.
• Familiarity with web-based communication techniques and strategies.
• Ability to review and edit printed and electronic documents for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
• Photography expertise/experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to correspond clearly and in a timely manner, and to write effectively and creatively.
• Excellent research and interviewing skills. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills and a desire to work with faculty, staff, and students.
• Ability to set goals, understand and follow directions, meet deadlines, keep accurate records, plan ahead, and anticipate problems.
• Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
• Ability to remain calm during difficult situations, cope with pressure, and work with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to assess, prioritize, and manage tasks with appropriate attention to detail.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in Word format to: email@example.com Mailing address: Human Resources Recruitment Manager, Paul Smith’s College, P.O. Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Fax to: (518) 327-6161.
Paul Smith’s College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through it continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Position Type: Employee
Sharon Van Auken
Paul Smith's College
P.O. Box 265
Paul Smiths, 12970