Administrative Executive Assistant
Administrative Executive Assistant
Job ID: 10045
Location: CUNY College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Provides support to a Campus or University Executive, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events. Maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule.
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity. May respond to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community.
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities.
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization.
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the SEEK Program Director, the Administrative Executive Assistant will be responsible for the following:- Assists the program director in researching new models, interventions, and best practices appropriate for retention and graduation of program participants. - Assists with the assessment of program initiatives. - Assists with the preparation of annual and other reports. - Coordinates the daily activities to ensure efficient operation of the SEEK Program.- Oversees SEEK's existing community engagement and experiential learning projects and supports the development of new initiatives. Identifies and nurtures partnerships within and outside the college community. Also works closely with other University staff members. - Serves as liaison to community schools and private non-profits to coordinate program services. - Provides administrative support to the SEEK program manager for all academic activities. - Maintains SEEK grants and the annual program budget for SEEK/Strategies for Success after-school tutoring program. - Supervises College Assistants and other clerical staff.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
-Previous experience in a higher education administrative and/or academic office is preferred.
-Excellent writing, editing, and public speaking skills are highly desired.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment," "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
February 15, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 10045
CUNY College of Staten Island
City of New York
2800 Victory Blvd.
Staten Island, 10314