Assistant Professor of Literacy
The Department of Language, Learning & Leadership in the College of Education at SUNY Fredonia invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Literacy position, beginning August, 2014, to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Literacy Education, including field-based responsibilities.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
• Academic Credentials: earned doctorate in Literacy or a closely related field by Aug. 15, 2014
• K/P-12 classroom teaching experience, preferred in early childhood and childhood (elementary) in North America
• Experience with literacy assessments and educational assessment
• Evidence of scholarship and service
Candidates with the following will be given preference:
• Experience with instructional technologies and/or experience teaching online
• Evidence of commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse learners, including expertise with multi-cultural children’s literature & culturally responsive teaching
• Familiarity with Common Core Learning Standards and edTPA, NCATE/CAEP, and International Reading Association Professional Preparation Standards
• Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate or graduate courses, international education, or working with international students.
For complete vacancy announcement, position requirements, qualifications, and application instructions, please visit http://fredonia.interview
SUNY Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants. An affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, SUNY Fredonia encourages and actively seeks applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.