Administrative Executive Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Executive Coordinator
Job ID: 10227
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology.
- Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit. - May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness. Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
Reporting to the Dean of Science & Technology, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Review and track faculty workload for the college.
- Assist the Dean with managing a database for faculty publications and accomplishments.
- Review and monitor the Adjunct Teaching schedule, PAFs, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of the Dean's List and Honors Convocation.
- Draft memos and prepare announcements and correspondence.
- Provide administrative support in the recruitment of faculty-level positions
within the division, including but not limited to new hire start up packages.
- Assist with maintaining and tracking the divisional budgets: RF, tax levy, GRTI, etc.
- Solicit materials from departments; attend and take meeting minutes when necessary.
- Refer phone calls and walk-ins to the appropriate staff or to other offices as necessary.
- Participate in college activities, programs, and initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Previous experience in college administration (senior executive support) is strongly preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate should demonstrate a background which includes extensive interaction with faculty, staff, and students. Proficiency in MS Office and experience with PeopleSoft highly desired.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY :
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment," "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
March 26, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY:
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 10227
CUNY-College of Staten Island
CUNY-College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Blvd.
Staten Island, 10314