Job ID: 10204
Location: CUNY College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Administers a College student accounts function under management direction.
- Administers processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables including cashier activities; supervises and approves refund process
- Reviews student accounts; manages delinquent accounts in collaboration with collection agency
- Advises students on tuition payment options and resolution process
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and College policies
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers. Reporting to the Director of the Bursar Office, the Bursar Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Assists with the day-to-day operations, including, but not limited to responding to student questions or concerns, opening and closing the Bursar window as needed, and assisting with special projects.
- Assists with TAP Certification and processing of awards, utilizing various systems, including, but not limited to CUNYFirst and the Financial Aid Certification Tracking System (FACTS).
- Assists with issues that may arise with certifications and processing TAP awards.
A Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience are required.
- Two (2) years' experience working with TAP, Title IV, and other New York State Scholarship programs preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle highly desired
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment," "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
March 26, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 10205
CUNY College of Staten Island
City of New York
2800 Victory Blvd.
Staten Island, 10314