Associate Dean, Information Technology
The Associate Dean, Information Technology, is responsible for directing the daily operations of faculty, assessing student success, ensuring the academic integrity of all coursework, and coordinating all related administrative functions required to ensure the academic programs in the Information Technology department of the School of Business and Information Technology meets industry, institution, state, and accreditation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Approves all curricular activities for the Information Technology department (e.g. assessment, program changes, curriculum development, course schedule, adjunct faculty selection, textbook orders, Blackboard.
- Complete required institutional and accrediting reports.
- Support high quality curricula to be offered in the Information Technology department
- Reports directly to the Vice President, Business and Information Technology by preparing reports, making presentations, interpreting information, making recommendations.
- Assist the Vice President, Business and Information Technology in the development and reporting of grants and new initiatives in the Information Technology department.
- Evaluates requests for course substitutions and overloads.
- Completes annual classroom observation of full time faculty.
- Represent the school on committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with BRCTC personnel for implementing the mission and strategic plan for the institution.
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies, and procedures.
- Maintains customer response operations by establishing work schedules, assigning employees, and ensuring the school website is relevant.
- Works with faculty and staff in the school to form the Strategic Plan.
- Maintains faculty and staff in the Information Technology department by coordinating all recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; submits recommendations to the Vice President, Business and Information Technology.
- Coordinate all academic aspects of the Computer Applications Specialist, including courses, certificates, skill sets, advanced skill sets, and a degree for the Computer Applications Specialist.
- Complete all necessary assessment, post audit, and program review activities for the Computer Applications Specialist.
- Advise students about academic standards, policies and programs available to facilitate their success.
- Attend orientation of new students.
- Maintain a minimum of ten office hours dedicated to students.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Excellent organizational, management, and office skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and leadership skills are a must.
- Administrative work experience in higher education 2-3 years
- Teaching experience in higher education 3-4 years
- Previous supervisory experience 1-2 years
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a high-demand environment and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner 2-3 years
- This position requires a highly motivated, well-organized, creative self-starter.
- The successful applicant must be knowledgeable about and have an understanding of global issues.
Position Type: Employee
Blue Ridge Community & Technical College