Conducts applied research in the area of sustainable industrial development, and also provides technical assistance in a wide variety of areas to industry. We are looking for an engineer/scientist with a strong experimental and analytical materials background to support existing research programs and develop new initiatives. Elements of the research include: analysis of aged products/materials, development of restoration/repair processes, design and materials selection for sustainable products, and support for development of more sustainable (and environmentally friendly) manufacturing processes. In our environment, researchers work on a wide variety of different types of products and technologies, work with undergraduate and graduate students, and are engaged in collaborative research with leading companies.
- Develop a research program to support sustainable industrial development. Areas of particular interest are remanufacturing and product restoration, recycling, energy generation and storage systems, sustainable transportation, prognostics and failure prediction models;
- Develop enhanced laboratory capability for materials analysis, in particular non-destructive evaluation technologies;
- Perform/manage materials analysis for internal research, and for external customers to support product failure analysis and industrial process quality improvements;
- Support sustainable product design efforts from materials perspective;
- Develop proposals for external funding and prepare and present/publish technical results of research
Required Minimum Qualifications
5-10 years work experience (or equivalent) in materials development or analysis, or process development. More experienced candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
•Must have ability to work in U.S.
•PhD degree strongly preferred, MS required
•Demonstrated ability to conduct applied research
•Experience in analysis of materials and material failures
•Analytical ability to solve challenging design/development problems.
•Experience in developing and transferring processes from the laboratory to the production floor is a plus
•Understanding of or experience with remanufacturing is a plus.
•Candidate must be self-directed and have strong oral and written communication skills
•Industrial experience is a strong plus
•At the PhD level, candidates will be expected to advise MS and PhD students
Required Minimum Education Level MS, MA
Preferred Education Level PhD
Required Application Documents Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Additional Details The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.
RIT provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Position Type: Employee
Corporate Diversity Search
PO Box 1086