High Performance Comp. Systems App. Mgr
Job Title: High Performance Computing Systems Applications Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 4 – Provisional) – HPC Center
Job ID: 10996
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
2. Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Ph. D. or Master's Degree with ten years of practical experience in computational disciplines in science, mathematics, computer science/systems/networks or engineering
- A minimum of two-years experience in operational management in an academic HPC Center consisting of Linux-based HPC and storage systems including hardware and software in large-scale heterogeneous environments
- Successful track record in managing the development of proposals and in securing external funding from the National Science Foundation and other governmental agencies and/or private sources for expanding the capabilities of research computing facilities and computational research
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support the activities of a university-based research community to include the promotion of the use of HPC in non-traditional computational disciplines, in particular the social sciences, and the development of joint proposals for research funding with the research community
- Demonstrated knowledge of computational algorithms and programming models/languages to include MPI, Fortran and/or C, OpenSHMEM, CUDA, and scripting languages; demonstrated ability to manage software development projects involving a team of software developers using software engineering principles
- Experience with graph algorithms
- Experience with data management systems such as iRODS and software configuration management systems such as CVS and/or subversion; demonstrated ability to establish appropriate data and software policies and manage related projects. Experience with software engineering principles
- Capable of concise and focused communication with researchers, IT staff, and University administrators; excellent writing and oral communication skills
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
October 6, 2014
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 10996
CUNY-College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, 10314