Dean, School of Health Sciences
Job Title: Administrative Executive Associate – Dean, School of Health Sciences
Job ID: 11370
Location: College of Staten Island
- Organizes and manages projects involving different areas of the Campus or University community, with responsibility for project outcomes.
- Represents the Executive's unit in Campus or University-wide activities, including committees, special initiatives, and implementation of new processes or technology.
- Independently carries out a portfolio of responsibilities under the Executive's purview, such as approvals, student interactions, and monitoring of key activities. Manages communications within and outside the unit related to areas of responsibility.
- May serve as Manager of a large Executive Office.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Associate
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Dean and serving as the primary strategic liaison with the School's faculty, staff, students and the community, the Executive Associate supports the management and coordination of various projects and planning efforts in all areas of the School of Health Sciences. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the Dean by assisting with planning, conducting, and implementing improvements to operational practices, systems, and organizational effectiveness. Manages a wide range of administrative tasks and provides immediate resolutions when issues arise.
- Manages daily communications, including, but not limited to email, phone and written correspondence to faculty, staff and external constituencies. Oversees the updates and edits of material for the School of Health Sciences website.
- Manages, maintains and coordinates clinical affiliation contractual agreements. Generates monthly reports on the status of active, pending and inactive clinical affiliation contractual agreements.
- Oversees and evaluates initiatives, special projects and efforts to improve area effectiveness. Provides recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Prepares and/or contributes to the writing and distribution of correspondence, reports, presentations and responses on various issues and initiatives.
- Serves as liaison between the departments that compromise the School of Health Sciences, the CSI General Counsel and the CUNY Office of General Counsel.
- Represents the School of Health Sciences when needed (i.e. new student orientation, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Experience in Office Management and Senior Executive support preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation highly desired.
- Exceptional communication, project management, and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to prioritize multiple deadline driven projects and work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work well independently and as a team member.
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
October 19, 2014
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 11370
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Blvd
New York, 10314