Assistant Vice President for Student Aff
Job Title: Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
Job ID: 11312
Location: College of Staten Island
As a key member of the executive management team, the Assistant Vice President oversees one or more College functions to fulfill comprehensive program goals and contributes to overall College strategic objectives. He/she plans and implements a range of successful programs; and oversees staff, budget, operations, and facilities.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Responsibilities include areas such as:
- Plan and implement innovative programs and services based on student needs.
- Oversight of all matters related to student conduct, disciplinary and judicial issues, including the administration and dissemination of CSI, CUNY and other related policies and regulations, as well as educating the College community on matters related to student rights and responsibilities and new developments impacting the student experience.
- Supervise Division directors to augment continuous quality improvement; monitor department budgets; ensure the successful planning and completion of departmental goals and objectives; and develop seamless systems of program and service delivery.
- Provide strong leadership in the development and implementation of strategic planning and outcomes assessment processes.
- Oversee a wide-range of diversity initiatives.
- Assist with developing and maintaining strong partnerships with the Division of Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management, and other key units at the College and within the community.
- Expand efforts to increase external funding support for student success efforts.
- Implement professional staff development programs to increase the work performance and career advancement potential of Divisional staff.
- Provide support to address facilities, equipment and technology needs of the Division.
- Prepare reports, presentations and other documents, as required
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership to plan, develop and monitor a comprehensive array of Residential Life services and programs.
- Supervise inter-office administrative and clerical staff.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Doctorate degree in organization and leadership, higher education administration, student personnel or closely related field
- Strong record of progressive leadership and management experience in student affairs/academic affairs administration
- Broad knowledge of national issues and best practices in higher education, including the scope and comprehensiveness of student affairs work
- Proven ability to plan and oversee budgets; establish broad partnerships and relationships, and effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong commitment to student advocacy, quality service, inclusiveness, collaboration and ensuring the optimal student experience.
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Please attach your resume, cover letter and names and addresses of three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin December 1, 2014.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 11312
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
71 5th Ave 5th Fl
New York, 10314