Dean - College Applied Sciences & Eng
Colorado School of Mines invites applications for the position of College Dean within its college of Applied Sciences and Engineering (CASE). The Dean of the College reports directly to the Provost, is expected to provide strategic leadership, vision, planning and management for the College, and is expected to work cooperatively with their peers and other campus administrators. The Dean must be committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, valuing and encouraging the contributions of varied and individual departments and programs, recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty members and staff, supporting scholarly research and creative activities and engaging in fundraising to support the College and its departments and programs.
• Doctorate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a field closely related to the disciplines within the College;
• Academic experience (teaching and research) that would qualify the successful candidate for tenure at the rank “Professor” at Mines;
• Progressive administrative experience at a doctoral degree granting research institution, or equivalent, that demonstrates successful management and leadership expertise; and
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
• A strong record in fundraising along with a record of building partnerships with external entities; and
• A record of supporting and building diversity within the student body and faculty.
For the complete job announcements and directions on how to apply, visit: http://inside.mines.edu/HR-Academic-Faculty
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 15-014850
Office of Human Resources
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street Suite 110