Human and Animal Research Protection Pro
Job Title: Human and Animal Research Protection Program Manager
Job ID: 12677
Location: College of Staten Island
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance to researchers and IRB/IACUC members with regards to applicable federal regulations, State laws, and College of Staten Island and CUNY policies.
- Reviews submissions to the HRPP to evaluate whether these require CUNY HRPP or IRB review.
- Reviews protocols that meet the regulatory criteria for exemption from IRB review and make exemption determinations, as appropriate.
- Performs pre-review of submissions requiring IRB review to ensure completeness and compliance with applicable federal regulations, State laws, and College of Staten Island and CUNY policies.
- Participates in annual meetings of the national organizations involved in regulation of animal research (Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare - OLAW, Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research - PRIMR, and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee - IACUC).
- Serves as communications liaison between the IRB and College of Staten Island researchers. In addition, serves as liaison among researchers and the IACUC as well as the IACUC and Institutional Officer.
- Leads efforts to conduct training and education of College of Staten Island researchers.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the IACUC including receipt and review of protocol.
- Ensures that all investigators and key personnel completed the required CITI lab Animal Training.
- Supports the IACUC Chairperson and the IACUC members.
- Ensures that all research and related activities involving laboratory animals presented to the IACUC Office are submitted for IACUC review.
- Provides responses to questions and concerns regarding animal care and use.
- Organizes and facilitates the semi-annual meetings and inspections, as well as other meetings and inspections throughout the year.
- Takes minutes at all IACUC meetings.
- Sends inspection results to key people and follow-up on reports.
- Travels to CUNY's Central Office and various CUNY campuses.
- Additional responsibilities as described in the "CUNY HRPP Procedures: HRPP Staff Responsibilities" available at http://www.cuny.edu/research/compliance/human-subjects-research-1/hrpp-policies-procedures/HRPP_Staff_Responsibilities_072312.pdf
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of professional experience in application of human subject and/or animal protection regulations highly desired
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a broad range of researchers and other diverse individuals in a professional manner
- Certification as an IRB professional (CIP) is highly desirable
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
April 16, 2015
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 12677
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
New York, 10003