College Laboratory Technician – Chemistr
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician – Chemistry Department
Job ID: 12706
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), located on a 204-acre campus in a residential suburban borough of New York City. The Department offers undergraduate degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry. Both programs are approved by the "Committee on Professional Training" of the American Chemical Society. The Department combines outstanding physical facilities with a close-knit community of scholars. Our 15 faculty members include professors who are nationally and internationally recognized in their fields. The department faculty members participate in PhD programs (Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics) at CUNY.
The Department of Chemistry is seeking a highly motivated College Lab Technician to prepare chemicals and reagents for classes as well as perform basic maintenance of equipment and purchasing of supplies and chemicals offered by the department. In addition to the general duties, the CLT will also be required to participate in Departmental and College-wide committees as well as support college initiatives. Responsibilities for this position include performing highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
To learn more about the Department of Chemistry, its program, facilities, research and faculty, we refer you to our website:
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
- A M.Sc. in chemistry or related field is preferred; however qualified applicants in other related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in the preparation of chemicals and reagents for Chemistry labs are highly desired.
- Experience in the maintenance of equipment and instruments.
Commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
June 5, 2015
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 12706
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
New York, 10003