IT Support Specialist
Ohio University's College of Health Sciences and Professions is seeking an IT Support Specialist for the Dublin Integrated Education Center located in Dublin, OH. Responsible for a wide range of services including, but not limited to, computer operation, monitoring data security, technical support, troubleshooting, software testing, and analyzing usability. Tasks are also dependent on the complexity of software and hardware, as well as the number of systems. The IT Support group may seek guidance or report to IT Management.
Responds to computer, associated peripherals and classroom IT/AV equipment work orders for CHSP faculty, staff and students; response to work orders may involve troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, communicating with customers, completing needed repairs or referring to appropriate resources for resolution while minimizing disruption to customer and operations. Follow up with customers to insure proper operation of hardware and software; involves communication with customers and IT and support professionals at all CHSP locations; arrange any warranty replacements or repairs. Acts as a consultant to CHSP faculty, staff and students for computer hardware, peripherals and software recommendations, presentation and communication devices and software, coordinating recommendations and repairs with other CHSP IT units and personnel; assist with instructional design and implementation. Set up and configure PC’s, laptops, telephone, audio visual equipment for CHSP faculty, staff and students. Provide video conferencing support when needed; provide technical support prior to and during video conferences; set up equipment prior to conferences.
General Job Responsibilities
• Provides mid-level technical computing support and related services to customers.
• Provides problem solving assistance to coworkers.
• Advises and consults on department purchases of equipment and software.
• Identifies, investigates, researches and resolves complex problems; provides troubleshooting that the first tier support is unable to resolve. Simulates or recreates moderately complex user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions; provides input and recommendations with respect to hardware and software requirements, new and updated technologies, and integrity of the computing environment following University recommended guidelines.
• Responsible for identifying and recommending system modifications to reduce user problems.
• Plans, schedules, tests, and coordinates complex software and/or system upgrades.
• Installs, configures, and maintains operating system, workstations, and servers, including web servers and VMware, in support of business processing requirements.
• Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Resolves complex production problems.
• Act as consultant to computer users.
• Provide training and assistance to computer users on new and upgraded technology.
To view the posting and to apply, visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/15731
Position Type: Employee
College of Health Sciences & Professions, Ohio University
1 Ohio University