College Laboratory Technician – School o
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician – School of Education
Job ID: 12746
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Dean of Education, the CLT will provide technical support to the departments of Curriculum & Instruction and Educational Studies. The CLT will:
- Assists faculty and students with common technical problems encountered in the computing labs, smart classrooms, and tech-flex rooms.
- Assists faculty and students with course related lab assignments.
- Serves as contact to the campus OIT regarding all School of Education matters.
- Maintains computer labs by updating both hardware and software regularly.
- Maintains the School of Education website, affiliate websites, and other forms of social media.
- Assigns support work to part-time CLT as needed.
- Serves as contact for Audio/Video technician for students and faculty and maintain all A/V technology.
- Supports workshops for EdTPA and NYS Teacher Certification exam.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe, Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, VLC Multi-Media software, Handbrake, OSX and Windows 7 is required.
- Recent and relevant experience in iPads, iPhones, Android phone, Android tablets, video cameras, digital media, cloud based storage, configuring projection systems, electronic smart boards, and document presenters is preferred.
- A working knowledge of motherboards, memory, power supplies and experience with hard drive imaging is preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume, and additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
November 25, 2015
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 12746
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Blvd
New York, 10314