College Laboratory Technician – World La
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician – World Languages & Literatures
Job ID: 13684
Location: College of Staten Island
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Reports to the Director of the Modern Languages Media Center and the Chairperson of the Department of World Languages and Literatures.
- Assists faculty and students with lab computer hardware, software and peripherals. Assists with common technical problems and provide technical support if lab equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains computers and technical peripherals. Performs computer imaging. Maintains records of software and hardware licenses, warrantees, renewals, operating manuals, user guides. Researches and obtains quotes for software and hardware.
- In cooperation with the Office of Information Systems, maintains and updates students' login back-end system and databases for the language lab.
- Sets up simple webpages for the Modern Languages Media Center and Department of World Languages and Literatures.
- Communicates regularly with faculty, students and staff regarding policies, procedures, and alerts related to status of computers and technical equipment.
- Supervises part-time lab technicians and lab attendants, helps develop training materials and guidelines, and carries out training.
- Assist with registration waivers and departmental advisement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years' lab experience with language learning labs in an academic setting.
- Familiarity with standard policies, procedures, and practices necessary for operation of computer laboratories, computer networks and systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up Windows and Mac computer and computer peripherals such as printers, scanners, webcams, A/V devices.
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting and update of Windows and Mac applications such as productivity software, videoconferencing, video and audio authoring, international keyboards.
- Interest in emerging technologies.
- Some experience with web design and programming languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for managing and training.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interest in Foreign Language Education.
- Experience with and interest in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and viewpoints.
Commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment," "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume and any additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
November 25, 2015
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 13684
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Blvd
New York, 10314