College Laboratory Technician – Library
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician – Library
Job ID: 14286
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manages complex and technical library resources and provides expertise to students and faculty.
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Department of the Library of the College of Staten Island, a senior college of The City University of New York, seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of College Laboratory Technician (CLT), Evening and Weekend starting Fall 2016.
Reporting to the Chief Librarian, the College Laboratory Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Install, maintain, deinstall, and relocate computer equipment, peripherals, and furnishings
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems with high degree of proficiency.
- Assists with LAN/WAN and library systems servers.
- Supports routine PC and Mac hard disk imaging.
- Assists with maintaining accurate inventory records, including paper and online documentation of all repair work.
- Assists and advises library staff in the effective use of PC hardware and software.
- Assists students with common network login, access, and printer problems.
- Supervises part-time technical support staff. Participates in staff training and attends regular meetings with staff.
- Supports redesign of public computing spaces in collaboration with other library faculty and professional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years' experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years' experience.
- Possess a high familiarity with computers, including experience with basic Internet applications, troubleshooting network connectivity problems, and installing network and printing hardware on PCs and Macs.
- Attentive to an extremely high level of responsibility and customer service.
- Able to work independently and take initiative in providing assistance.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new applications and systems as necessary.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Willing to carry a walkie-talkie.
- Willing to work Sundays through Thursdays, 2pm to 10pm.
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume and any additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.
February 28, 2016
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Position Type: Employee
Ref Code: 14286
CUNY College of Staten Island
CUNY College of Staten Island
New York, 10314