LMS Support Coordinator
LMS Support Coordinator
Humboldt State University
Review: May 31, 2016
(Job #16-59) LMS Support Coordinator, Information Technology Consultant - Career (ITC-12C) $4,372- $9,401/month. Appointments are typically made at the beginning of the salary range. This is a permanent, full-time, benefited, probationary, 12-month position in Information Technology Services.
The Place: Known for its quality academic programs and its hands-on approach to learning, Humboldt State University has a well-earned reputation as one of the best primarily undergraduate public universities in the United States. The residential and rural campus of 8,200 students is nestled between mountains, giant redwood trees, and breathtaking Pacific Ocean beaches. The local area offers many outdoor recreation opportunities as well as a full range of dining, cultural, and entertainment opportunities, all without the hassle and expense of a major metropolitan area. Local K-12 schools consistently rank in the top 10% in the state, and the local produce is second to none. Humboldt State University also benefits from being part of the world's largest university system, the 23-campus California State University (CSU).
The Job: Under the general direction from the Coordinator of User Support Services, the LMS Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the work of a team of student staff who provide technology support for faculty, staff, and students using the campus learning management system. This position offers high quality customer service on the phone, in person, and online, as well as group and individual training on the use of the LMS. HSU's current LMS is Moodle, however, the campus is currently exploring Canvas and this position needs to be flexible in supporting whichever tool the campus is using. Incumbent must be comfortable with computers and technical material, quick learner and good working with others in a diverse workplace. This position demonstrates professional level decision-making capabilities and independent, creative problem solving, and is an active liaison for ITS with other units across campus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Specialized Skills:
• Knowledge of learning management systems and the instructional design process
• Demonstrates professional level decision-making capabilities, application of creative, systematic problem solving, and is an active liaison for Information Technology Services with other units across campus
• Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work effectively on a team
• Hands-on knowledge of other technology tools integrated with the learning management system, including but not limited to web-conferencing tools and multimedia applications, such as Zoom and Camtasia Suite
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying expertise
• Demonstrated ability to proactively perform duties and meet timelines with only general direction with only general direction
• Demonstrated expertise in general office procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
• Bachelor's degree and foundational knowledge and skills in technical information systems.
• Two years of full time professional experience providing information technology support. Additional relevant
experience can be substituted for equivalent education on a year for year basis.
• Experience in a higher education environment
• Experience in training and learning design and development, experience with eLearning concepts and tools and instructional design knowledge
• Experience in leading a technical support team of five or more personnel
Application Procedure: Please note that our application process has changed! We now require application materials to be submitted electronically. Qualified applicants should submit electronically the following materials:
• Letter of Interest;
• HSU Employment Application;
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
• Contact information for at least three professional references
Submission of the application materials should be sent as an attachment to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and the job # (16-59) in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: First review of applications will be May 31, 2016, but applications will be considered until an acceptable pool of qualified applicants has been received.
HSU is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
Siemens Hall - Room 211
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Fax: (707) 826-3625
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and accurate employment information. Incorrect or improperly completed applications will not be considered for vacancies. Any reference in this announcement to required periods of experience or education is full-time activity. Part-time experience or education - or activities only part of which are qualifying- -will receive proportionate credit. In accordance with applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, preference may be given to the campus applicants covered by these agreements. However, positions are open to all interested applicants, both on and off campus.
Evidence of required degree(s), certification(s), or license(s) will be required prior to the appointment date. The successful candidate for a position at HSU is required to be fingerprinted through the Humboldt State University Police Department or their local law enforcement agency. The results of the fingerprint process must be received by the university prior to the candidate’s appointment. The cost of the fingerprinting is borne by the university.
Humboldt State University is committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality reflecting the ethnic and cultural diversity of the state. Additional information about Humboldt State University can be found at http://www.humboldt.edu.
Humboldt State University is a Title IX/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Position Type: Employee
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street