Project Coordinator - 123460
This full-time role involves assuring successful execution and completion of large-scale and IT-intensive projects using project management standards, processes, and tools. The Project Coordinator assists project leads and project teams in clearly defining project goals, deliverables, risks, and critical success factors; understanding and using project portfolio management and project management tools and systems; executing project coordination processes in the context of those systems; and tracking work breakdown structures, team member assignments, and the status of individual tasks. The Project Coordinator conducts outreach and training as needed to improve project management practices in the organization.
- Researches and stays informed of current state-of-the-art project management theories, principles, and practices.
- Assists project leads and project teams in managing projects using appropriate systems and tools.
- Conducts training activities and information sessions regarding project management methods and tools.
- Researches capabilities of the project management system and devises methods to use those capabilities to maximum advantage.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage multiple projects to meet defined scope, resource allocation, schedule and budgetary objectives.
- Strong knowledge of automated project control system functionality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to track, document and report project status in meaningful management terms.
- Awareness of industry standards, technological trends, issues and best practices in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to maintain long-term strategic focus while engaged in day-to-day tasks
- Ability to re-conceptualize current practices in light of new/emerging technologies and methods; frame issues and formulate plans.
- Ability to set a tone of cooperation, efficiency, and commitment within all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to perform time-sensitive and complex tasks within a dynamic team environment, with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization, or a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization with two (2) years of experience.
Physical Job Location: Tallahassee
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Application Deadline: September 23, 2016
Apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu. Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and names and contact information of three professional references to the online application. For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, please see our website: https://jobs.uwf.edu.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action employer. Any individual requiring special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting ADA Compliance at 1-850-474-2059 (voice) or 1 850 857 6114 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.